The purpose of this policy is to provide a guideline for RMH employees to facilitate patient visitation in order to maintain a therapeutic, healthy and safe environment for patients, visitors and the community.
- Visiting is permitted from 11:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. except where otherwise designated by policy. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the nurse.
- No more than two (2) visitors per patient in a room at one time.
- No children under the age of 14 are permitted to visit in patient care areas. (See OB visitation for sibling visitation) Permission may be obtained in special cases on an individual basis.
- Children are to be attended by an adult or responsible person over the age of 14 when in any non-patient care area of the Hospital, including parking lots, waiting areas, etc.
- Shoes and appropriate dress must be worn at all times while in the hospital.
- For the well being of our patients, staff and other visitors, visitors should not come into the Hospital with the following symptoms: fever, vomiting, diarrhea, cough, runny nose or rash. If these symptoms are noted, the visitor will be asked to leave.