Riverton Memorial Hospital's emergency department is staffed 24 hours a day by highly skilled physicians and nursing personnel. When you need emergency medical treatment, rest assured our emergency department is equipped to meet your needs. We also have a helipad to transport patients from our hospital.
Riverton Memorial Hospital's laboratory is COLA-accredited and uses state-of-the-art equipment to provide the most accurate results possible through the following services:
- Blood Bank - A place for storage of or an institution storing blood or plasma
- Chemistry - A science that deals with the composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the transformations that they undergo; (2) The composition and chemical properties of a substance, such as hemoglobin
- Hematology - A medical science that deals with the blood and blood-forming organs.
- Microbiology - A branch of biology dealing especially with microscopic forms of life (as bacteria, protozoans, viruses, and fungi)
- Pathology - The study of the essential nature of diseases and especially of the structural and functional changes produced by them.
- Phlebotomy - The letting of blood for transfusion, apheresis, diagnostic testing, or experimental procedures and especially for the treatment of disease. Also called venesection, venotomy
Riverton Memorial Hospital offers one of only a few sleep laboratories in the region.
A sleep laboratory is a medical facility for diagnosing and treating patients with sleep disorders. Patients sleep overnight in our laboratory to determine their disorder, its severity, and possible interventions and solutions.
What to Expect
- The only sure way to determine if you have a sleep disorder is to undergo a polysomnogram in a sleep laboratory.
- The testing consists of a one-night stay at the sleep lab. You will be monitored by computerized polysomnography for a minimum of 6 to 8 hours of sleep. During this time, you will have many sensors attached to monitor heart rate and rhythm, oxygen levels, movement, EEG (brain waves), eye movements, airflow, respiratory efforts and snoring. Video recording may also be done.
- Once the disorder and its scope are determined, treatment can begin.
How to Schedule a Study
- Tests are scheduled on weeknights at 6:30 p.m. or 8 p.m. Testing ends the following morning at approximately 5 a.m. Unique testing times may be arranged with the sleep lab coordinator.
A doctor's order and diagnosis are required for you to take part in a sleep study at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Your personal physician can refer you to us. Bring a list of your symptoms and concerns to your doctor, who will then be able to determine if a sleep study is necessary. If a study is required, appointments may be scheduled by calling 307-857-3463.